{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreib5t25rtjeif2zlk3zibryziteyow3ut2nxcvffltvk7424eihyh4",
"uri": "at://did:plc:neqfhinxgjyy6qagpbcb6wfe/app.bsky.feed.post/3mi3mos7czbv2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreibglniwaq5mvz5crgdirymjoupa4mtaem5zpox25jgaymrua5yeq4"
},
"mimeType": "image/png",
"size": 221085
},
"path": "/pakistan-condemns-attacks-on-kuwait-backs-mediation-in-iran-conflict",
"publishedAt": "2026-03-27T15:11:14.000Z",
"site": "https://nukta.com",
"textContent": "\n\n\n\nPrime Minister Shehbaz Sharif condemned on Friday recent attacks on Kuwait and reaffirmed Pakistan’s solidarity with the Gulf state, his office said, as tensions persist across the Middle East.\n\nThe conflict began on Feb. 28 with U.S.-Israeli strikes on Iran. Since then, U.S. and Israeli forces have continued attacks on Iranian targets, while Tehran has carried out counterstrikes against U.S. interests and oil and other infrastructure in the Gulf.\n\nPakistan has repeatedly urged restraint and has sought to mediate between Washington and Tehran following the collapse of talks over Iran’s nuclear program.\n\nShehbaz spoke by phone with Kuwaiti Crown Prince Sheikh Sabah Al Khaled Al Hamad Al Sabah and reiterated Pakistan’s strong condemnation of the attacks on Kuwait, according to a statement from the Prime Minister’s Office.\n\n“The Prime Minister also apprised the Kuwaiti leadership of Pakistan’s sincere diplomatic efforts to bring an end to the war in the Middle East,” the statement said.\n\nIt added that the Kuwaiti crown prince “fully endorsed Pakistan’s efforts for mediation between Iran and the U.S.” and thanked Sharif for Pakistan’s support during the crisis.\n\nShehbaz assured the crown prince that Pakistan would continue to play a constructive role in promoting peace and stability in the region, the statement said.\n\nThe development came hours after Iran’s Revolutionary Guards urged civilians across the Middle East to avoid areas near U.S. forces, escalating warnings despite U.S. President Donald Trump’s claim that talks to end the monthlong war were “going well.”\n\nThe Guards’ statement followed Trump’s decision to extend a deadline for Tehran to open the Strait of Hormuz or face the destruction of its energy assets. The deadline was pushed from Friday to April 6.\n\nSeparately, Pakistan has taken a central role in efforts to facilitate indirect contacts between Washington and Tehran, working with Ankara and Cairo.\n\nOfficials have confirmed that indirect exchanges between the United States and Iran are continuing through structured message relays rather than direct negotiations.\n\nIn a post on X on Thursday, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar said “U.S.-Iran indirect talks are taking place through messages being relayed by Pakistan.”\n\nHe added that a 15-point U.S. framework had been shared and was under Iranian deliberation, with the support of what he described as the “brotherly countries of Turkey and Egypt.”",
"title": "Pakistan condemns attacks on Kuwait, backs mediation in Iran conflict"
}