{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreia42wegtqpteaogrcir5ydrjmkggttqq4djdwnqkoc2u3dnu2lj3u",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:neqfhinxgjyy6qagpbcb6wfe/app.bsky.feed.post/3mhq3tyn4rdw2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreihzfldbvlkjo7lgem3wi4uhhggmdngc3hlxw2cuxhv32qkuv7rksa"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/png",
    "size": 183401
  },
  "path": "/partner/trump-postpones-iran-power-plant-strikes",
  "publishedAt": "2026-03-23T12:04:34.000Z",
  "site": "https://nukta.com",
  "textContent": "\n\n\n\nUS President Donald Trump said Monday he will hold off on attacking Iranian power plants for five days after \"very good\" talks with Tehran, an abrupt shift that immediately eased pressure on rattled markets.\n\nHours before the expiration of his two-day ultimatum -- in which he threatened to \"obliterate\" Iran's power infrastructure if it did not reopen the strategic Strait of Hormuz -- Trump suddenly reported with little detail that diplomacy was underway, after he earlier shunned talks.\n\nIn a social media post characteristically in all capital letters and containing typographical errors, Trump said the United States and Iran \"have had, over the last two days, very good and productive conversations regarding a complete and total resolution of our hostilities in the Middle East.\"\n\n\"Based on the tenor and tone\" of the talks, \"witch (sic) will continue throughout the week, I have instructed the Department of War to postpone any and all military strikes against Iranian power plants and energy infrastructure for a five day period, subject to the success of the ongoing meetings and discussions,\" Trump wrote on his Truth Social platform.\n\n### Iranian media says no negotiations with US\n\nHowever, Iranian media reported no formal talks between Tehran and Washington. Mehr News Agency, citing Iran’s foreign ministry, said: “There are no talks between Tehran and Washington,” adding that Trump’s statements were aimed at “reducing energy prices.” Other Iranian outlets carried similar reports, maintaining Tehran’s stance that it had not engaged in direct negotiations with the United States.\n\nTrump’s announcement came just hours before Wall Street opened, following heavy selloffs in European and Asian markets and a further spike in oil prices. Market pressure eased immediately, including the cost of crude, which has increasingly concerned U.S. policymakers as Americans face higher fuel prices.\n\nTrump had initially set a deadline of 2344 GMT Monday — early Tuesday in Tehran — for Iran to reopen the Strait of Hormuz, the narrow waterway through which roughly one-fifth of the world’s oil transits. Iran had partially closed the strait in retaliation for U.S. and Israeli attacks launched on February 28, which killed several top officials, including the country’s long-serving supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamanei.\n\nTehran remained defiant, warning that any U.S. strike could trigger attacks on vital infrastructure across the Gulf, including energy facilities and desalination plants crucial to the region. Trump provided no additional details on the purported talks and previously insisted that Iran had requested discussions — a claim Tehran has denied.\n\nEarlier, the United States and Iran had engaged in talks over a nuclear accord through Omani mediation, just days before the U.S. and Israel launched strikes.",
  "title": "Trump abruptly postpones Iran power plant strikes after 'very good' talks"
}