{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreifw5gigwmk4jqy4p5ikj3vlflz4nyhnkollkm5b4eitovsvxldzty",
"uri": "at://did:plc:neqfhinxgjyy6qagpbcb6wfe/app.bsky.feed.post/3mgjqb7fjhf42"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreihkzgu2js7u3uaiofi4gqexjayqf4g63l2yeitbuio2ddsfe2suxa"
},
"mimeType": "image/png",
"size": 148817
},
"path": "/partner/kuwait-airport-saudi-arabia-targeted-as-iran-presses-gulf-attacks",
"publishedAt": "2026-03-08T04:55:58.000Z",
"site": "https://nukta.com",
"tags": [
"apologizing",
"will emerge stronger"
],
"textContent": "\n\n\n\nGulf nations reported missile and drone attacks Sunday, while Iran vowed to press on with strikes against neighboring countries as the regional war entered its second week.\n\nSaudi Arabia, Qatar and Kuwait all reported new attacks, after loud explosions were heard in Dubai and Bahrain's Manama a day earlier.\n\nKuwait's national oil company announced a \"precautionary\" cut to its crude production, as the country's military said Sunday it had responded \"to a wave of hostile drones that penetrated the country's airspace\".\n\nFuel tanks at Kuwait's international airport were targeted in a drone attack, the military added.\n\nThe official Kuwait News Agency said a fire at the airport was brought under control, reporting no \"significant injuries\".\n\nThe military called the drone attack \"a direct targeting of vital infrastructure\".\n\nA separate statement said \"some civilian facilities sustained material damage as a result of falling fragments and debris from interception operations\".\n\nThe Kuwaiti interior ministry said two border guards \"were martyred... while performing their national duty\", without elaborating. It was not clear whether their deaths were the result of an Iranian attack.\n\nQatar's defense ministry said on Sunday that the country was targeted a day earlier by 10 ballistic missiles and two cruise missiles fired from Iran, but most of them were intercepted and caused no casualties.\n\nSaudi Arabia's defense ministry also reported intercepting and destroying 15 drones that entered the kingdom's airspace, including an attempted attack at the diplomatic quarter in the capital Riyadh.\n\nThe attacks came despite Iran's president apologizing to Gulf countries for earlier strikes. He had said they would no longer be targeted unless strikes were launched from their territory first.\n\nBut hours later, Iran's judiciary chief said strikes would continue on sites in Gulf countries which were \"at the disposal of the enemy\".\n\nUAE President Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan said in a rare televised address that the Emirates were in \"a period of war\" and \"will emerge stronger\" from it.\n\nDubai authorities said Saturday that a a Pakistani national had been killed by debris from an \"aerial interception\".\n\n### Dubai airport\n\nDubai closed its main airport briefly on Saturday -- the world's busiest for international traffic -- after authorities said an unidentified object was intercepted nearby.\n\nA witness told AFP of a loud explosion in the area followed by a cloud of smoke. Footage verified by AFP recorded the sound of a drone followed by a loud explosion and plumes of smoke close to an airport concourse.\n\nThe government said there had been \"a minor incident resulting from the fall of debris after an interception\", without directly mentioning the airport. It said there were no injuries.\n\nThe Flightradar24 tracking website earlier showed planes circling above the airport in an apparent holding pattern.\n\nIn a statement since deleted from X, Emirates, the largest airline in the Middle East, had announced it was suspending all flights to and from Dubai until further notice, but later said it had resumed operations.\n\nThe UAE, a U.S. ally and home to American military installations, has been the most heavily targeted nation in the Gulf during the war.\n\nThe defense ministry said 221 ballistic missiles were detected since the war began on February 28, with the number of drones surpassing 1,300.\n\nIranian attacks have hit Abu Dhabi airport, the upmarket Palm Jumeirah development and the Burj Al Arab luxury hotel over the past week, while drone debris caused a fire at the U.S. consulate in Dubai on Tuesday.\n\n### Saudi base\n\nElsewhere in the Gulf on Saturday, Bahrain said it has intercepted 92 missiles and 151 drones since the start of the \"brutal Iranian aggression\".\n\nAFP journalists heard an explosion Saturday night in Manama, Bahrain's capital, as authorities said one person was injured after rocket shrapnel fell in a street.\n\nIn Saudi Arabia, the defense ministry said it had destroyed three ballistic missiles heading towards Prince Sultan Air Base, which hosts American troops, as well as 17 drones over the Shaybah oil field in the southeast.",
"title": "Kuwait airport, Saudi Arabia targeted as Iran presses Gulf attacks"
}