{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreiboenc34bmnk3p3skpv5jumw7mdsrdumjwpzsmv4q44wcdluf2pgy",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:neqfhinxgjyy6qagpbcb6wfe/app.bsky.feed.post/3mfvfsmz2lr42"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreifluvg3zbbqiy65c33v5qubpo7joxamp7gobd7wcoge2qgp6ym2yq"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/png",
    "size": 224375
  },
  "path": "/partner/trump-frustrated-with-iran",
  "publishedAt": "2026-02-28T04:23:15.000Z",
  "site": "https://nukta.com",
  "textContent": "\n\n\n\nPresident Donald Trump on Friday voiced frustration with Iran's stance in nuclear negotiations as United States staff left Israel due to safety concerns - but mediator Oman promoted what it said was a \"breakthrough\" to avert war.\n\nTrump has ordered the biggest military build-up in decades in the Middle East, with the world's largest aircraft carrier, the USS Gerald R Ford, approaching the coast of Israel, as he demands Iran agree to sweeping concessions on concerns starting with its nuclear program.\n\nA day after the United States and Iran held talks in Geneva, Trump said that the cleric-run state was \"not willing to give us what we have to have\".\n\n\"We're not exactly happy with the way they negotiated. They cannot have nuclear weapons, and we're not thrilled with the way they're negotiating,\" Trump told reporters.\n\nHe later said he wants Iran to have \"no enrichment\" at all of uranium that could go toward a nuclear bomb, which Iran denies it is pursuing.\n\nBut Oman, which mediated the Geneva talks, offered a much rosier picture and said that Iran had agreed to zero stockpiling of any uranium, making moot the question of the level of enrichment.\n\nIran also agreed to degrade current stockpiles into fuel, said Oman's foreign minister, Badr Albusaidi, who was in Washington meeting US Vice President JD Vance.\n\n\"If the ultimate objective is to ensure forever that Iran cannot have a nuclear bomb, I think we have cracked that problem through these negotiations by agreeing a very important breakthrough that has never been achieved any time before,\" Albusaidi told CBS News program Face the Nation.\n\n\"If we can capture that and build on it, I think a deal is within our reach,\" he said, estimating that three months would be needed to finalize an accord.\n\nThe renewed US pressure comes weeks after Iranian authorities killed thousands of people as they crushed mass protests.\n\nAs Washington mobilizes forces, Trump said \"nobody knows\" if a US attack would bring down the Iranian government.\n\nIran agreed to restrictions to low-level enrichment in a 2015 deal that Trump ripped up during his first term in office.\n\nTrump in June had said that Iran's key nuclear sites had been \"obliterated\" after the United States joined a major Israeli bombing campaign on the country.\n\n**Rubio heads to Israel**\n\nMeanwhile, US Secretary of State Marco Rubio will travel to Israel for talks on Iran on Monday, the State Department said.\n\nIn a rare break from decades of precedent, the top US diplomat will travel without reporters on his plane.\n\nRubio's trip comes as the US embassy announced it was allowing non-emergency government personnel and family members to leave Israel \"due to safety risks\".\n\nGermany, in a new advisory, said it \"urgently\" discouraged travel to Israel.\n\nBritain said it was moving diplomatic staff out of Tel Aviv, Israel's economic hub where most countries maintain embassies, to another location in the country as a \"precautionary measure.\"\n\nChina, a main partner of Tehran, called on its citizens to evacuate Iran \"as soon as possible\".",
  "title": "Trump says he is frustrated with Iran, but mediator sees 'breakthrough'"
}