{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreihi3k7r4hu42uinzjtd2xheb22ramdstvmp6nnl3tftcevpokptvm",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:neqfhinxgjyy6qagpbcb6wfe/app.bsky.feed.post/3mehpudsaedk2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreig5vsstibvmldrmmsgndjhus5p76qbgtinzpho5iexrgh7thekiii"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 108559
  },
  "path": "/pakistan-reverses-t20-world-cup-india-boycott-after-bangladesh-request",
  "publishedAt": "2026-02-09T18:20:08.000Z",
  "site": "https://nukta.com",
  "textContent": "\n\n\n\nPakistan's Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Monday cleared the country's cricket team to play India in the T20 World Cup on February 15 in Colombo, ending a week-long stand-off.\n\nSharif was formally briefed by Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Mohsin Naqvi on the outcome of high-level discussions involving the International Cricket Council (ICC) and the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB), the Government of Pakistan said.\n\nAccording to an official statement, the government reviewed formal requests made by the BCB, along with supporting communications from Sri Lanka, the United Arab Emirates and other ICC member nations, urging Pakistan to help find a solution to the ongoing impasse.\n\nThe government also acknowledged remarks by BCB president Aminul Islam, welcoming Bangladesh’s expression of gratitude and reaffirming Pakistan’s support. “Pakistan stands shoulder to shoulder with Bangladesh,” the statement said.\n\nLater in the evening, Prime Minister Sharif held a telephone conversation with Sri Lankan President Anura Kumara Dissanayake, during which both leaders recalled the longstanding solidarity between Pakistan and Sri Lanka, particularly during challenging times. President Dissanayake requested Pakistan to give serious consideration to an amicable resolution of the issue.\n\n“In view of the outcomes achieved in multilateral discussions and upon the request of friendly countries,” the statement said, “the Government of Pakistan has directed the Pakistan national cricket team to take the field on February 15, 2026, for its scheduled fixture in the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup.”\n\nThe government said the decision was taken to uphold the spirit of cricket and ensure the continuity of the global game across all participating nations.\n\nPakistan had earlier announced their decision to boycott the match in Colombo after the ICC last month replaced Bangladesh with Scotland in the tournament, following Bangladesh's refusal to travel to co-hosts India.\n\nThe ICC said on Monday that it would not impose any sporting, financial or administrative penalty on Bangladesh for their refusal to play in India, and announced that Bangladesh would host an ICC event prior to the 50-over World Cup of 2031, which is set to be co-hosted by India and Bangladesh.\n\nPakistan and India have not played bilateral cricket for more than a decade, and meet only in global or regional tournaments.",
  "title": "Pakistan reverses T20 World Cup India boycott after Bangladesh request"
}