Cable One Down 10.9k Subs, Shentel Up 5.4k
Broadband Breakfast
February 27, 2026
WASHINGTON, Feb. 27, 2026 – Cable One lost 10,900 broadband subscribers in the fourth quarter of 2025, more than analysts had expected but an improvement over the previous quarter.
Cable One CFO Todd Koetje said that was largely due to total disconnects improving “significantly” from the third quarter, when net losses hit 21,300.
“As a result, net subscriber results in the fourth quarter improved relative to the declining trends we experienced earlier in 2025, though net subscriber figures remained negative,” he said on the company’s earnings call Thursday. “We continue to operate in a challenging macro environment with competitive pressure from fixed wireless and fiber overbuilds.”
This post is for subscribers only
Become a member to get access to all content
Subscribe now
Discussion in the ATmosphere