{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreifgrgdred3rmimntzocud47dr2jto6yaxwokxqz5squcduu32xiny",
"uri": "at://did:plc:jpckpkvpjawehyqenhblotzo/app.bsky.feed.post/3mlfxb7ju4232"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreidi5olz4y2y4x6w3b5oe5hgtbeprhjxe4zmau75zrfgkgaj3mushy"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 126804
},
"path": "/latest/sindh-govt-grants-aurat-march-noc-with-28-conditions/",
"publishedAt": "2026-05-09T07:40:21.000Z",
"site": "https://humenglish.com",
"tags": [
"Latest",
"Pakistan",
"Sindh govt grants Aurat March NOC with 28 conditions",
"HUM News English"
],
"textContent": "KARACHI: The Sindh government has granted permission to organisers of the annual Aurat March in Karachi to hold a rally on Sunday, but imposed 28 conditions, including restrictions on slogans, speeches and displays linked to banned groups, according to an official no-objection certificate seen by Reuters.\n\nThe march, scheduled to take place at the city’s Sea View area on Mother’s Day, comes days after organisers complained of delays in receiving official approval and said several activists had been briefly detained ahead of a planned press conference.\n\nA notification issued by Karachi South Deputy Commissioner Javed Nabi Khoso on May 8 allowed the rally to proceed from 3:30 pm to 7:30 pm, subject to extensive security and conduct-related conditions.\n\nThe document barred “anti-state” and “anti-religion” slogans, placards and speeches, as well as “hateful, provocative, unethical or anti-social content” on banners and posters.\n\nIt also prohibited participation or support by banned or proscribed groups, specifically naming the Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) and Jeay Sindh Qaumi Mahaz (JQSM).\n\nOrganisers were further instructed not to permit “promotion for the LGBTQ community” or “objectionable clothing” at the event.\n\nThe NOC also barred speeches against the “ideology of Pakistan”, state policies or the armed forces, and prohibited any activity that could incite sectarian hatred or extremism.\n\nAuthorities directed organisers to coordinate closely with police and district administration officials, ensure peaceful conduct, manage internal security and prevent disruption to traffic on major roads.\n\nThe order required participants to pass through walkthrough gates and undergo physical searches using metal and explosive detectors, while the Bomb Disposal Squad was instructed to sweep the venue before the event.\n\nParking areas were ordered to be set up at least 200 yards away from the main venue and vehicles entering them were to be thoroughly searched.\n\nThe NOC warned that organisers would be held solely responsible for any law and order situation or security incident during the rally and said authorities reserved the right to change the venue or end the event early if required.\n\nAurat March, an annual women’s rights demonstration held in several Pakistani cities, has frequently drawn criticism from conservative and religious groups over some of its slogans and demands.\n\nThe post Sindh govt grants Aurat March NOC with 28 conditions appeared first on HUM News English.",
"title": "Sindh govt grants Aurat March NOC with 28 conditions"
}