{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreihtxxw77kddmhiulj4tqxhajdjgwly5nk4lnbsicd5tvyjchvh3f4",
"uri": "at://did:plc:jpckpkvpjawehyqenhblotzo/app.bsky.feed.post/3mlfxawyibw32"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreieihbvw7ob7u5ylo2dmuyug4trburepesjgfyxu4xeo6o2byf37we"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 144736
},
"path": "/latest/islamabad-police-issue-traffic-diversion-plan-for-marka-i-haq-event/",
"publishedAt": "2026-05-09T08:33:50.000Z",
"site": "https://humenglish.com",
"tags": [
"Latest",
"Pakistan",
"Islamabad police issue traffic diversion plan for Marka-i-Haq event",
"HUM News English"
],
"textContent": "ISLAMABAD: Islamabad police have issued a wide-ranging traffic diversion plan on Saturday ahead of the “Marka-i-Haq” event expected to be attended by the country’s top civilian and military leadership as Islamabad prepared for major road closures, flight disruptions and heightened security measures.\n\nIslamabad Deputy Commissioner Irfan Nawaz Memon said temporary traffic diversions would remain in place from 6 pm to midnight on Sunday across several major arteries of the capital in connection with the commemorative event.\n\nThe ceremony, expected to be held at the National Monument near Zero Point, marks what Pakistani authorities describe as the country’s victory in last year’s military confrontation with India following the April 22 Pahalgam attack and Pakistan’s subsequent “Operation Bunyanum Marsoos”.\n\nIn a statement posted on social media platform X, Memon urged residents to avoid unnecessary travel during peak hours and cooperate with traffic officials to ensure smooth traffic flow.\n\nhttps://twitter.com/dcislamabad/status/2053005599122550942?s=20\n\nIslamabad Traffic Police said Srinagar Highway would remain closed on both sides from Korianwala Chowk to Peshawar Mor during the specified hours, while the Islamabad Expressway from Faizabad to Khayaban Chowk would also be shut for traffic moving towards Faisal Avenue.\n\nAuthorities have advised commuters travelling from the Motorway towards Murree and Bhara Kahu to use 9th Avenue and Colonel Sher Khan Road, commonly known as IJP Road, via Murree Road.\n\nMotorists travelling from Murree and Bhara Kahu towards the motorway have been advised to use Murree Road, Faizabad, IJP Road and 9th Avenue instead.\n\nTraffic police also issued alternative routes for residents moving between Islamabad’s Red Zone, adjoining sectors and Rawalpindi.\n\nhttps://twitter.com/ITP_Offical/status/2052991505049272625?s=20\n\nCommuters travelling from the motorway towards the Red Zone have been advised to use Margalla Road or Jinnah Avenue via 9th Avenue from Peshawar Mor, while residents heading from the Red Zone towards Rawalpindi or the Motorway were instructed to use the same alternate corridors.\n\nVehicles entering Islamabad from the Expressway were to be diverted through Faizabad, IJP Road and 9th Avenue.\n\nFor commuters travelling from Rawalpindi into Islamabad, traffic authorities recommended IJP Road, Fakhar-i-Alam Road and 9th Avenue as alternate routes.\n\nResidents of Rawalpindi’s Scheme-III and Ammar Chowk areas would be able to access the Red Zone, Murree and Bhara Kahu through Rawal Road, Chandni Chowk, Murree Road and Club Road, according to the advisory.\n\nAuthorities also issued diversions for travellers heading towards Rawat and Koral Chowk.\n\nTraffic from Murree and Bhara Kahu would be redirected through Korang Road, Bani Gala, Park Road and Lehtrar Road, while motorists travelling from Peshawar Mor towards Rawat would be advised to use 9th Avenue, Stadium Double Road and Rawal Road.\n\nThe advisory further stated that all light transport vehicles (LTVs) would be diverted from Rawat T-Cross towards Rawalpindi from 5 p.m. until midnight on Sunday.\n\nIn addition, the entry of all heavy transport vehicles (HTVs) into Islamabad would remain completely banned from 4 am until midnight on May 10.\n\nThe security and traffic arrangements come a day after residents of Islamabad and Rawalpindi witnessed fighter jet rehearsals by the Pakistan Air Force over the capital during preparations for the official ceremony.\n\nSeparately, the Pakistan Airports Authority issued a notice to airmen warning that flight operations at Islamabad International Airport could face disruptions from Friday through Sunday due to unspecified “operational reasons”.\n\nThe events are linked to Pakistan’s official commemoration of last year’s conflict with India, which escalated following the Pahalgam attack before ending in a ceasefire on May 10 after days of cross-border military action.\n\nThe post Islamabad police issue traffic diversion plan for Marka-i-Haq event appeared first on HUM News English.",
"title": "Islamabad police issue traffic diversion plan for Marka-i-Haq event"
}