{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreigwurn5gcw2fybnt33v24pyhzmik424zycw2xd6e2bkwlxbtibbt4",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:jpckpkvpjawehyqenhblotzo/app.bsky.feed.post/3mk4fomoxjia2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreiabbmzrfgoodexotdc6tuvbmr7q7vutbk74cn7gn6beehdorailje"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 47435
  },
  "path": "/latest/us-pushes-iran-to-surrender-uranium-stockpile-as-part-of-peace-deal/",
  "publishedAt": "2026-04-22T19:28:35.000Z",
  "site": "https://humenglish.com",
  "tags": [
    "Latest",
    "World",
    "US pushes Iran to surrender uranium stockpile as part of peace deal",
    "HUM News English"
  ],
  "textContent": "WASHINGTON: The US has intensified pressure on Iran to hand over its stockpile of enriched uranium as a central condition for ending the ongoing conflict.\n\nWhite House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt, while speaking in a media interview, said that transferring enriched uranium to the US remains a key demand in negotiations aimed at securing a peace deal.\n\nShe stressed that preventing Iran from retaining such material is a firm “red line” for Washington.\n\nThe proposal is part of broader diplomatic efforts to bring the war to a close, with US officials arguing that removing Iran’s uranium stockpile would significantly reduce the risk of nuclear weapons development.\n\nRecent reports suggest that discussions between the two sides have included possible arrangements involving Iran relinquishing its enriched uranium in exchange for concessions, though details remain under negotiation.\n\nHowever, Iran has repeatedly pushed back against such demands, insisting it has the right to maintain its nuclear program for peaceful purposes and rejecting any requirement to transfer its uranium abroad.\n\nDespite ongoing disagreements, both sides continue to explore diplomatic options, with the uranium issue remaining one of the most critical and contentious elements of the proposed peace deal.\n\nOn the other hand, Iran has said it seized two container ships attempting to leave the Gulf through the Strait of Hormuz on Wednesday, after firing on them and a third vessel in the first such incidents since its conflict with the United States and Israel began earlier this year.\n\nAccording to Iran’s Tasnim news agency, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Navy carried out the operation, warning that any disruption to security in the strategic waterway would be treated as a “red line.”\n\nThe IRGC said the Panama-flagged MSC Francesca and Liberia-flagged Epaminondas were operating without proper authorisation and interfering with navigation systems.\n\nThe Epaminondas reported coming under fire about 20 nautical miles northwest of Oman, with its bridge damaged after being hit by gunfire and rocket-propelled grenades.\n\nGreek operator Technomar Shipping confirmed all 21 crew members were safe.\n\nThe post US pushes Iran to surrender uranium stockpile as part of peace deal appeared first on HUM News English.",
  "title": "US pushes Iran to surrender uranium stockpile as part of peace deal"
}