{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreidmrxegku5tjlwukaveku6dwg64owfvgaups6uholt3jawxzwe7uy",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:jpckpkvpjawehyqenhblotzo/app.bsky.feed.post/3mjmuebquxgi2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreiakw6eniomqhn6l6zuh5gywljwqcsaoresqjhlryjbfavnp56hd7a"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 66394
  },
  "path": "/latest/trump-announces-10-day-ceasefire-between-israel-lebanon-after-washington-talks/",
  "publishedAt": "2026-04-16T15:57:32.000Z",
  "site": "https://humenglish.com",
  "tags": [
    "Latest",
    "World",
    "pic.twitter.com/VlpNFwHqko",
    "April 16, 2026",
    "Trump announces 10-day ceasefire between Israel, Lebanon after Washington talks",
    "HUM News English",
    "@StateDept"
  ],
  "textContent": "WASHINGTON: US President Donald Trump announced a ten-day ceasefire between Israel and Lebanon, saying that two countries have agreed to it, following diplomatic discussions in Washington.\n\nIn a statement shared on social media, Trump described “excellent conversations” with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Lebanese President Joseph Aoun. He said that the agreement was reached with an immediate effect.\n\nHe further said that high-level delegations from both countries met in Washington earlier this week, marking what he called the first formal engagement between the two sides in 34 years.\n\n## Key details of the agreement\n\nThe reported ceasefire is said to last for 10 days, with the talks hosted in Washington under the supervision of the US State Department.\n\n## ‘Peace team’ announced\n\nTrump also announced a diplomatic team he referred to as a “peace team” to manage the transition toward a longer-term settlement.\n\n> pic.twitter.com/VlpNFwHqko\n>\n> — Department of State (@StateDept) April 16, 2026\n\n\n\n\nThe team includes Vice President JD Vance, Secretary of State Marco Rubio, and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Dan “Razin” Caine.\n\n## ‘10th war I have solved’\n\nFraming the development as a major diplomatic achievement, Trump said it would mark what he described as his “10th solved conflict” globally. He added, “Let’s GET IT DONE!”\n\nWhile the announcement signals a potential pause in tensions, there has been no immediate independent confirmation from Israel or Lebanon. International observers say attention will now focus on whether the 10-day truce can lead to a more durable peace arrangement.\n\nThe post Trump announces 10-day ceasefire between Israel, Lebanon after Washington talks appeared first on HUM News English.",
  "title": "Trump announces 10-day ceasefire between Israel, Lebanon after Washington talks"
}