{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreidkjxhdohyc57abruuud3ksxjwlwisj764xqieqf5lzpixf773ef4",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:jpckpkvpjawehyqenhblotzo/app.bsky.feed.post/3miq4msbpybc2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreih6uec5zgmgxupgi7puyvkzqma5q3jvlyg2xpgyyyi4k3y4cbjq4u"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 132794
  },
  "path": "/latest/trump-says-pilot-of-downed-us-f-15-fighter-jet-rescued-iran-claims-rescue-aircraft-also-downed/",
  "publishedAt": "2026-04-05T04:40:05.000Z",
  "site": "https://humenglish.com",
  "tags": [
    "Latest",
    "Trump says pilot of downed US F-15 fighter jet rescued; Iran claims rescue aircraft also downed",
    "HUM News English"
  ],
  "textContent": "A United States F-15 fighter jet was shot down over southern Iran on Friday, prompting a high-stakes search-and-rescue operation for the two crew members on board.\n\nOne of the officers was “successfully rescued by US forces”, while the second, a weapons systems officer, remained missing until now when US President announced that he too “had been recovered”.\n\n\n\n\n\nMeanwhile, Iran's Revolutionary Guards say US aircraft in search of airman was also downed in Isfahan province.\n\nEarlier, Iranian state media reported that the F-15 aircraft was downed by Iran’s air defense systems. The exact location of the crash is unconfirmed, with reports suggesting it occurred in the mountainous provinces of Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad or Khuzestan. Local nomadic tribes were reportedly involved in firing at rescue helicopters during the operation.\n\nThe rescue mission, described by military experts as one of the most dangerous operations in combat history, involved multiple aircraft, including Black Hawks and strike jets, and highly trained special operations personnel. One helicopter carrying the rescued pilot came under small-arms fire but landed safely.\n\nPresident Donald Trump, posting on Truth Social, praised the operation as “one of the most daring search-and-rescue missions in US history” and confirmed the rescued officer is now “safe and sound.” He said that the mission was conducted at his direction and involved dozens of aircraft armed with the most advanced weapons.\n\nTrump also highlighted that this operation follows a separate, successful pilot rescue the previous day, marking a historic first: two US pilots rescued separately in enemy territory with no American casualties.\n\nExperts noted the F-15E Strike Eagle is a dual-crew aircraft designed for both air-to-air and air-to-ground missions. The weapons systems officer, seated behind the pilot, manages targeting and weapons systems, making the role critical during operations in hostile territory.\n\nUS military officials continue the search for the second crew member, with Iran reportedly offering rewards to locals who assist in capturing the missing officer. Analysts have warned that such incentives increase the risks for the missing airman, highlighting the urgency of the ongoing combat search-and-rescue (CSAR) mission.\n\n“This is a moment all Americans should be proud of,” Trump said, stressing the professionalism and lethality of the US military. “We will never leave an American warfighter behind.”\n\nThe situation remains fluid, with the US military closely monitoring developments as the search continues in the challenging terrain of southern Iran.\n\nThe post Trump says pilot of downed US F-15 fighter jet rescued; Iran claims rescue aircraft also downed appeared first on HUM News English.",
  "title": "Trump says pilot of downed US F-15 fighter jet rescued; Iran claims rescue aircraft also downed"
}