{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreicrxyxmfikaez6iiu5zsql524il4yyph74kxlzjwxe3iykeiqyhkm",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:jpckpkvpjawehyqenhblotzo/app.bsky.feed.post/3mi4t545j45t2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreiefpsrzn36y3wv372jx52ikgncqvm3j73fw5ilttpjh7bixb6h5py"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 80680
  },
  "path": "/latest/israeli-strike-kills-three-journalists-in-southern-lebanon/",
  "publishedAt": "2026-03-28T13:41:09.000Z",
  "site": "https://humenglish.com",
  "tags": [
    "Latest",
    "World",
    "Israeli strike kills three journalists in southern Lebanon",
    "HUM News"
  ],
  "textContent": "BEIRUT: An Israeli airstrike in southern Lebanon on Saturday killed at least three journalists who were travelling in a media vehicle, Lebanese officials and state media said, in one of the deadliest attacks on news workers since the outbreak of wider hostilities in the region.\n\nThe strike hit a car in the town of Jezzine carrying four people, killing all occupants, including Ali Shoaib, a correspondent for the Hezbollah-linked Al-Manar TV network; Fatima Ftouni, a reporter with Al-Mayadeen; and Mohammad Ftouni, a cameraman, Lebanese officials told state media.\n\nThe vehicle was clearly marked as a media car, according to local reports. There was no immediate response from the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) to requests for comment.\n\nLebanese President Michel Aoun condemned the strike as a “blatant crime,” calling for international action to protect journalists and civilians, according to state news agency reports.\n\nThe attack comes amid intense and expanding conflict between Israel and Lebanese armed group Hezbollah, which has seen repeated cross-border exchanges of fire since early March. The latest flare-up has resulted in significant casualties on both sides and raised fears of a broader regional confrontation.\n\nJournalists covering conflicts in Lebanon have been repeatedly at risk in recent years. Human rights and press freedom groups have previously documented numerous incidents in which reporters were killed or injured during clashes between Israeli forces and Hezbollah, raising concerns about the safety of media workers in conflict zones.\n\nInternational media freedom organisations have called for an independent investigation into the strike, stressing that journalists are protected under international law and should not be targeted in military operations.\n\nThe strike is likely to increase pressure on global bodies and governments to address the mounting toll on civilians and non-combatants as the conflict shows no sign of abating.\n\nThe post Israeli strike kills three journalists in southern Lebanon appeared first on HUM News.",
  "title": "Israeli strike kills three journalists in southern Lebanon"
}