{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreidhaoid5fbzj7rd7b5fy2f4vffx43q6fmbvrxtrtichzavou54d64",
"uri": "at://did:plc:jpckpkvpjawehyqenhblotzo/app.bsky.feed.post/3mgtvyn52q6g2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreieq3ei7z66wu3fowrqynlgfrgg6q7ufzmvj6youpyzges7jcwtxpa"
},
"mimeType": "image/png",
"size": 433137
},
"path": "/latest/nicole-kidman-breaks-silence-for-the-first-time-since-keith-urban-divorce/",
"publishedAt": "2026-03-12T06:30:58.000Z",
"site": "https://humenglish.com",
"tags": [
"Entertainment",
"Latest",
"Nicole Kidman breaks silence for the first time since Keith Urban divorce",
"HUM News"
],
"textContent": "Actor Nicole Kidman has spoken publicly for the first time about her divorce from country singer Keith Urban, sharing a brief but emotional message about moving forward while keeping her family close.\n\nKidman, 58, addressed the split during a new interview with Variety published on March 11, months after she filed for divorce from Urban in September 2025. The couple finalised their divorce on January 6.\n\nWhen asked how she has been coping since the separation, Kidman offered a measured response.\n\n“I am, because I’m always going to be moving toward what’s good,” she said when asked whether she was doing all right.\n\nThe actress also emphasised that her focus remains on her family and her two daughters with Urban.\n\n“What I’m grateful for is my family and keeping them as is and moving forward. That’s that,” Kidman said. “Everything else I don’t discuss out of respect. I’m staying in a place of, ‘We are a family,’ and that’s what we’ll continue to be. My beautiful girls, my darlings, who are suddenly women.”\n\nKidman and Urban first met in 2005 and married the following year. The former couple share two daughters, Sunday Rose, 17, and Faith Margaret, 15.\n\nCourt documents previously reported by PEOPLE magazine stated that the pair experienced “marital difficulties and irreconcilable differences”, which led Kidman to file for divorce in Davidson County, Tennessee.\n\nThe divorce settlement, finalised in January, granted Kidman primary custody of their daughters at her Nashville residence, while both parents agreed to share responsibility for major decisions involving their children.\n\nIn the interview, Kidman also reflected on the past year and hinted at a renewed focus on work after stepping back from the spotlight.\n\n“Well, not last year. I was quiet. I had other things going on. I was in my shell,” she said.\n\nBut the actress suggested she is ready to move forward.\n\n“Now I’m in a place of saying, ‘2026. Here we go.’”\n\nKidman is preparing for several upcoming projects, including the sequel to _Practical Magic_ , which will reunite her with co-star Sandra Bullock and is scheduled to arrive in cinemas on September 11.\n\nDespite the personal changes over the past year, Kidman indicated that her priority remains spending time with her children.\n\n“I’ve got to take care of these kids,” she said. “That’s sort of in my ‘Future’ folder.”\n\nThe post Nicole Kidman breaks silence for the first time since Keith Urban divorce appeared first on HUM News.",
"title": "Nicole Kidman breaks silence for the first time since Keith Urban divorce"
}