{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreigvsobasqzszggrpmjg32pggurjc6ituryaes6e5mdlejio2fspoa",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:jpckpkvpjawehyqenhblotzo/app.bsky.feed.post/3mgcpkpv4zct2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreidmvnsbuc2auurblbuldizdldcunzddyh2m4qlcgg5rfymfaoymlu"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/png",
    "size": 479426
  },
  "path": "/latest/stefon-diggs-breaks-silence-after-patriots-release-following-one-season/",
  "publishedAt": "2026-03-05T09:31:23.000Z",
  "site": "https://humenglish.com",
  "tags": [
    "Entertainment",
    "Latest",
    "Stefon Diggs breaks silence after Patriots release following one season",
    "HUM News"
  ],
  "textContent": "Stefon Diggs has spoken out after the New England Patriots released the wide receiver just one year into his three-year deal.\n\nMultiple outlets confirmed on March 4 that the 32-year-old had been cut by the team after a single season with the franchise.\n\nShortly after the news broke, Diggs shared a brief message to fans on Instagram Stories.\n\n“THANK YOU for a hell of a year,” he wrote. “We family forever.”\n\n“Until we meet again,” he added, signing off with his jersey number, eight.\n\n## Patriots release Diggs after $69m deal\n\nDiggs signed a three-year contract worth $69 million with the Patriots during the 2025 offseason, according to ESPN.\n\nHowever, the team has now moved on from the wide receiver after just one season.\n\nWhen Diggs first joined the franchise, head coach Mike Vrabel praised the player’s physicality and ability on the field.\n\n“He’s got a play-strength to him that you see that you can play physical,” Vrabel said in 2025. “Route craft, good at the catch point, has been good in the red zone.”\n\n“There’s a play style to him that I’ve always appreciated and that we want to continue to enhance.”\n\n## Release comes amid Cardi B speculation\n\nNews of Diggs’ departure comes amid ongoing speculation about his relationship with rapper Cardi B, with whom he welcomed a baby boy in November.\n\nBreakup rumours intensified after Cardi reportedly left the Super Bowl early, where the Patriots ultimately lost to the Seattle Seahawks.\n\nFans also noticed that the Grammy-winning rapper appeared to unfollow Diggs on social media following the game.\n\nDuring a recent stop on her _Little Miss Drama_  tour, Cardi told the crowd she was “too sexy to be lonely and too grown to be played with”, prompting speculation that the comments were directed at the NFL star.\n\nShe later clarified on X that she had simply been quoting lyrics from her song ‘Principal’ from the album  _Am I the Drama?_.\n\n## Legal case still ongoing\n\nDiggs also recently pleaded not guilty to felony strangulation or suffocation and a misdemeanour assault charge in February.\n\nThe case remains ongoing.\n\nThe post Stefon Diggs breaks silence after Patriots release following one season appeared first on HUM News.",
  "title": "Stefon Diggs breaks silence after Patriots release following one season"
}