{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreihpfiwm2sqjkeinpfgdhi7mpgg47ouo3kfv63hcsqbsuayujsizz4",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:jpckpkvpjawehyqenhblotzo/app.bsky.feed.post/3mg2xd77yyk32"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreicbiv3bpsumgpvnoycs233jji7aozcqtq5gekkyeibu2i64qppabe"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 105953
  },
  "path": "/latest/china-calls-for-halt-to-military-actions-in-iran-urges-respect-for-regional-sovereignty/",
  "publishedAt": "2026-03-02T07:50:13.000Z",
  "site": "https://humenglish.com",
  "tags": [
    "Latest",
    "World",
    "China calls for halt to military actions in Iran, urges respect for regional sovereignty",
    "HUM News"
  ],
  "textContent": "BEIJING: China on Monday called on all parties involved in the escalating conflict in Iran to immediately cease military operations, warning that the ongoing strikes risked further destabilising the region.\n\nAt a regular press briefing, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Mao Ning said Beijing was “deeply concerned” about the consequences of recent US and Israeli military actions, which she described as violations of international law. She said that the spillover effects of the conflict could threaten the security of neighboring countries and the broader Gulf region.\n\n“China believes that the sovereignty, security, and territorial integrity of the Gulf states must be fully respected,” Mao said. “We support efforts to strengthen communication and dialogue among countries to prevent further escalation.”\n\nMao also stressed that China was not informed in advance of the US military operations and reiterated Beijing’s opposition to speculation linking China to missile sales to Iran, calling such reports “malicious” and “untrue.”\n\nThe ministry confirmed that one Chinese national had been killed in Tehran and reminded its citizens in Iran to evacuate as soon as possible. Over 3,000 Chinese nationals have already been evacuated from the country.\n\nResponding to reports of the killing of Iran’s Supreme Leader, Mao reiterated China’s long-standing opposition to the use of force in international relations, emphasizing that military solutions only exacerbate conflicts. She also stated that China remains in communication with the United States regarding exchanges between their leaders, including plans for a potential visit by former US President Donald Trump.\n\nChina further expressed support for the United Nations Security Council to continue playing an active role in mediating the conflict, calling for multilateral engagement to prevent a wider regional crisis.\n\nThe comments come as tensions in the Middle East rise sharply following targeted strikes against Iranian military and strategic sites by US and Israeli forces, prompting fears of a broader confrontation in the Gulf and Middle East.\n\nThe post China calls for halt to military actions in Iran, urges respect for regional sovereignty appeared first on HUM News.",
  "title": "China calls for halt to military actions in Iran, urges respect for regional sovereignty"
}