US military strikes underway on Iran amid Israeli offensive
WEB DESK: Explosions were reported across eastern and western Tehran on Saturday, with Mehrabad Airport reportedly targeted, as U.S. Department of State officials confirmed that US strikes on Iran were underway.
Iran’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei is not in the capital and has been moved to a secure location, an official told Reuters. Following the attacks, the US Embassy in Qatar implemented a shelter-in-place order for all personnel and advised American citizens in the country to remain indoors until further notice. The strikes come in the wake of Israel’s pre-emptive attack on Iran earlier on Saturday, escalating tensions across the region.
Earlier development
Explosions were reported in central Tehran on Saturday, according to Iranian media, amid heightened regional tensions.Iran’s state news agency Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) said blasts were heard in the capital, with thick smoke seen rising from parts of the city. Israel's Ministry of Defence has claimed responsibility.
In response to escalating concerns, the Israeli military announced sweeping precautionary measures across Israel. Authorities said schools nationwide would remain closed, public gatherings were banned, and residents were advised to work from home until further notice.
The military added that air raid sirens sounded earlier were a proactive step intended to prepare the public for the possible launch of missiles toward Israel.
https://twitter.com/IDF/status/2027630330815868932
There was no immediate official confirmation linking the developments in Tehran to the measures announced in Israel.
Pakistan issues travel advisory
In light of the recent attack, Pakistan has urged its citizens in Iran to advise caution.
https://twitter.com/ForeignOfficePk/status/2027632681362854112
The post US military strikes underway on Iran amid Israeli offensive appeared first on HUM News.
Discussion in the ATmosphere