{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreih6lmcweo2gr6m4cgy73rawg7n72dizftruswhxyilfw4enahrflm",
"uri": "at://did:plc:jpckpkvpjawehyqenhblotzo/app.bsky.feed.post/3mfuh74lhtar2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreigyuikvzvbyqxw2k5ar6hxxemighzcs6vm56t4c44yrmbw2kowqpy"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 92488
},
"path": "/latest/pakistan-continues-military-operation-against-afghan-taliban-positions-security-sources/",
"publishedAt": "2026-02-27T18:04:37.000Z",
"site": "https://humenglish.com",
"tags": [
"Latest",
"Pakistan",
"Pakistan continues military operation against Afghan Taliban positions: security sources",
"HUM News"
],
"textContent": "ISLAMABAD: Pakistan said on Friday it was continuing a major cross-border military operation against Afghan Taliban positions after what it described as unprovoked aggression along the Pakistan-Afghanistan frontier, with the military saying heavy casualties and destruction on the Afghan side.\n\nThe operation, named “Operation Ghazab lil-Haq”, was launched in response to attacks from across the border, security sources said, adding that Pakistani forces had delivered a “strong and effective” response.\n\nAccording to the military’s media wing, Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), at least 274 members of the Afghan Taliban were killed, while 150 tanks and armoured and artillery vehicles and 73 border posts were destroyed in the fighting.\n\nSecurity sources said Pakistani forces successfully targeted and destroyed multiple Afghan Taliban check posts along the border.\n\nAmong the installations hit were the Ariana Complex, the Dabgai check post, a police headquarters facility and the Zakarkhel post.\n\nThey added that Afghan Taliban forces were forced to abandon several positions under sustained Pakistani fire.\n\n“Operation Ghazab lil-Haq is ongoing and will continue until its objectives are achieved,” security sources said.\n\nPakistan has accused the Afghan Taliban government of backing militant groups responsible for attacks inside Pakistan, a charge Kabul has previously denied.\n\nThe latest escalation marks one of the most serious flare-ups between the two neighbours in recent months.\n\nThe post Pakistan continues military operation against Afghan Taliban positions: security sources appeared first on HUM News.",
"title": "Pakistan continues military operation against Afghan Taliban positions: security sources"
}