{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreihrknvhk7gtkylql3njlcqzicaxoenwlfw5q47zmh7ephijz4kxdm",
"uri": "at://did:plc:hxz7l26nqcz7jawyev3eo5um/app.bsky.feed.post/3mi65e5fejub2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreif2obmvlgwatwzkyit2qwmxmbnek2adldjleipwbcp6jsrvvob3qe"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 82117
},
"path": "/entertainment/j-k-rowling-says-the-new-harry-potter-series-is-going-to-be-incredible-but-fans-arent-convinced-she-saw-the-same-trailer-they-did/",
"publishedAt": "2026-03-28T20:30:00.000Z",
"site": "https://attackofthefanboy.com",
"tags": [
"Entertainment",
"News",
"Harry Potter",
"UNILAD",
"Disney Moana remake",
"March 26, 2026",
"Netflix raising prices",
"@jk_rowling"
],
"textContent": "J.K. Rowling has publicly endorsed the upcoming Harry Potter TV series, calling it “incredible” after the first full trailer dropped this week. The story gained traction when reported by UNILAD, as Rowling’s comments arrived against a backdrop of sharply divided fan reaction online. The trailer confirmed the HBO series will debut this Christmas, having previously been slated for an early 2027 premiere.\n\nRowling’s response came after a user on X tagged her directly, writing that the trailer looked “blood marvelous” and expressing excitement for the show. Rowling replied: “It’s going to be incredible. I’m so happy with it.” Her endorsement has done little to quiet the skeptics, however, with many viewers taking to social media to criticize the trailer’s color grading and the near-total absence of magic on screen.\n\nThe complaints around the visual presentation echo similar fan backlash directed at other major live-action adaptations, including the Disney Moana remake that drew heavy criticism for its look this week. For many Harry Potter viewers, the absence of any substantial magical sequences in the trailer was a significant concern given that magic has always been the franchise’s central draw.\n\n## Not every fan walked away from the trailer disappointed\n\nPositive reactions were also present online. One commenter wrote that while the show initially seemed unnecessary given the quality of the original films, they had come around: “The more I thought about it, I’m actually kind of excited to watch the story unfold in a new way with more detail.” Another noted that Hogwarts’ visual design appeared to differ from the films in ways that offered a fresh perspective on the Wizarding World.\n\n> It's going to be incredible. I'm so happy with it.\n>\n> — J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) March 26, 2026\n\nThe trailer offered several glimpses into Harry’s story that the 2001 film did not explore, including a scene of Harry at a Muggle school and a shot of Harry and Hagrid traveling on the London Underground on their way to Diagon Alley. Viewers also got their first proper look at the principal cast, with Dominic McLaughlin as Harry, Paapa Essiedu as Professor Snape, Nick Frost as Hagrid, John Lithgow as Dumbledore, Janet McTeer as Professor McGonagall, Lox Pratt as Draco Malfoy, Alastair Stout as Ron Weasley, and Arabella Stanton as Hermione Granger.\n\nUncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia, played by Daniel Rigby and Bel Powley, also appeared, shown taunting Harry and telling him he is “nothing special.” The trailer additionally confirmed the first series will carry the title Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, matching the original UK book title.\n\nThe show will air on HBO Max, a platform that has faced its own subscriber pressures this year, with Netflix raising prices following its own Warner Bros acquisition discussions. The Christmas premiere date represents a significant acceleration from the previously announced 2027 window.",
"title": "J.K. Rowling says the new Harry Potter series is ‘going to be incredible,’ but fans aren’t convinced she saw the same trailer they did"
}