{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreidkj64yrs2rc4nu75bjfqxe4ddcmc3vpsb4khv5ly6suqibu4qcom",
"uri": "at://did:plc:hxz7l26nqcz7jawyev3eo5um/app.bsky.feed.post/3mgrpixph5jh2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreigg54nvkweo4iiebn7iyzjuu4dtddskwecf6xynziazhy2upbgupy"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 203557
},
"path": "/politics/the-pentagon-said-only-eight-troops-were-seriously-injured-in-the-iran-war-but-a-new-report-reveals-a-much-bigger-number/",
"publishedAt": "2026-03-11T10:45:00.000Z",
"site": "https://attackofthefanboy.com",
"tags": [
"News",
"Politics",
"Donald Trump",
"Iran",
"Israel",
"Middle East",
"United States",
"Reuters",
"sleeper cell alert concerns",
"pic.twitter.com/1onbWbD4R0",
"March 11, 2026",
"women’s team safety concerns",
"@Reuters"
],
"textContent": "A new report indicates that as many as 150 U.S. troops have been wounded during the first 10 days of the war with Iran, a much higher figure than the eight serious injuries the Pentagon previously disclosed. As reported by Reuters, the updated estimate emerged on March 10 and sheds new light on the human toll of the conflict.\n\nInitially, the Pentagon publicly acknowledged only eight service members as seriously injured. After the larger number surfaced, officials released a new estimate indicating roughly 140 U.S. troops had been wounded during the fighting.\n\nChief Pentagon spokesperson Sean Parnell said most of the injuries were considered minor. He added that 108 of the wounded troops have already returned to duty.\n\n## The newly revealed casualty numbers show a broader impact of the conflict\n\nThe eight service members classified as seriously injured are receiving advanced medical treatment. Officials have not yet disclosed the specific types of injuries involved, with sleeper cell alert concerns also remaining part of the wider security picture.\n\n> As many as 150 U.S. troops have been wounded in the 10-day-old war with Iran, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters. The casualty figure has not been previously reported. Prior to Reuters' publication of the figure, the Pentagon had only disclosed eight U.S. personnel… pic.twitter.com/1onbWbD4R0\n>\n> — Reuters (@Reuters) March 11, 2026\n\nSince the war began on February 28, Iran has launched retaliatory strikes against U.S. military installations across the region. The attacks have also targeted diplomatic facilities, airports, hotels, and energy infrastructure, escalating tensions across the Gulf.\n\nPentagon officials say Iranian strike activity has dropped significantly in recent days. According to U.S. military leaders, sustained bombing campaigns targeting Iran’s missile launchers and weapons stockpiles have degraded its ability to carry out attacks.\n\nGeneral Dan Caine, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, addressed the conflict during a Pentagon briefing on March 10. He said the Iranian military had not proven to be stronger than expected, amid women’s team safety concerns that have also surfaced during the war.\n\n“I think they’re fighting, and I respect that, but I don’t think they are more formidable than what we thought,” Caine told reporters.",
"title": "The Pentagon said only eight troops were seriously injured in the Iran war, but a new report reveals a much bigger number"
}