{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreighxzhrkla6btdcwwkraxphebrsquqt3ugcxaweuvl5uqvzdnku6e",
"uri": "at://did:plc:b7afdzqsmwksxypciqnplglk/app.bsky.feed.post/3mknqylsvepx2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreia5nslimntro5aedtegq5zblfijuxg7do46zl4om6busybx542qje"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 47538
},
"path": "/2026/04/29/chelsea-winger-mykhailo-mudryk-appeals-cas-four-year-doping-ban-28170833/",
"publishedAt": "2026-04-29T18:21:40.000Z",
"site": "https://metro.co.uk",
"tags": [
"Football",
"Sport",
"Chelsea FC",
"Mykhailo Mudryk",
"Premier League",
"Ukraine football team",
"Chelsea",
"The 25-year-old was charged with anti-doping rule violations by the Football Association in June last year",
"Mudryk said that the failed drugs test came as a ‘complete shock’",
"Chelsea signed in an £89 million deal",
"Sign up to our daily football newsletter",
"check our sport page",
"Facebook",
"Twitter",
"Instagram",
"Add Metro as a Preferred Source on Google\nAdd as preferred source"
],
"textContent": "Mykhailo Mudryk has been banned for four years by the FA (PA Wire)\n\nChelsea winger Mykhailo Mudryk will submit an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) over his four-year ban for a failed drugs test.\n\nThe 25-year-old was charged with anti-doping rule violations by the Football Association in June last year after a sample taken in 2024 produced an adverse finding for the prohibited substance meldonium, which can increase respiratory capacity and stamina.\n\nMudryk said that the failed drugs test came as a ‘complete shock’ as he had never knowingly used a banned substance.\n\nThe Ukraine international, who Chelsea signed in an £89 million deal from Shakhtar Donetsk in January 2023, has not played for Chelsea since November 2024.\n\nCAS has confirmed it has received an appeal by Mudryk against the FA’s ruling, filed on February 25, 2026.\n\nMykhailo Mudryk has not played for Chelsea since November 2024 (Getty)\n\nThe statement from CAs added: ‘The parties are currently exchanging written submissions, and a hearing is yet to be scheduled.’\n\n## Get personalised football updates every day\n\nSign up to our daily football newsletter and choose your team to get the latest news, rumours and more about your favourite team.\n\nThe FA has never disclosed details of the case or confirmed the length of Mudryk’s suspension.\n\nMudryk has been aiming to return to football and has been training individually with the help of a private coach at non-league side Uxbridge FC.\n\nSpeaking this week, Shakhtar Donetsk CEO, Serhii Palkin, backed Mudryk to return and revealed the Ukranian side stand to lose €30m (£26m) if the winger is sidelined.\n\n‘We have €30 million [of] bonuses in his contract and if he is not playing, if Chelsea [are] not reaching results, we are losing €30m. That’s a big financial impact for us,’ Palkin said.\n\n‘Therefore, everybody believes that this story will finish as soon as possible with positive results and Mudryk will return to playing. Otherwise, we will be in a position to lose €30m.\n\n‘I know Mudryk as a player and a person. I believe he will return and he will start playing. I know this because I’ve never met this kind of guy before in my life. He’s a very hard worker. And he will prove he’s in a position to play and bring results to team.\n\n‘But as I understand at this moment, everybody is waiting for the court’s decision, and we don’t have any information about when this will take place and when the final decision will be issued. Therefore, everybody is waiting for information.’\n\n**For more stories like this, check our sport page**.\n\n**Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on**Facebook,** Twitter and Instagram**.\n\nComment now Comments \nAdd Metro as a Preferred Source on Google\nAdd as preferred source\n",
"title": "Chelsea winger Mykhailo Mudryk to appeal four-year ban for failed drugs test"
}