External Publication
Visit Post

Two teenagers arrested over arson attack on north London synagogue

Metro – Metro.co.uk: News, Sport, Showbiz, Celebrities from Met… April 20, 2026
Source

Kenton United Synagogue is the latest in a spate of attacks on Jewish sites in north London (Picture: Amanda Rose/ Avalon)

Two teenagers have been arrested over an arson attack on a synagogue, police have said.

A 17-year-old boy and a 19-year-old man were taken into custody overnight in connection with the arson attack at Kenton United Synagogue in Harrow over the weekend.

Officers discovered ‘a bottle with some sort of accelerant’ had been thrown through the window, the Met Police said.

Speaking to the BBC’s Today programme, Matt Jukes, deputy commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, said:’I’m really pleased to say that overnight, we have news of two arrests in relation to that incident.’

He added: ‘We’ve made over the last weeks, 15 arrests in relation to a series of six incidents that have targeted Jewish premises, the Jewish-led ambulance service and a Persian media organisation.’

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us atwebnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Comment now Comments Add Metro as a Preferred Source on Google Add as preferred source

Discussion in the ATmosphere

Loading comments...