{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreia4bc2pdnqiplgkijxuu7h4ftqdlipb4kndqs5aywk5gwumi5rnzy",
"uri": "at://did:plc:b7afdzqsmwksxypciqnplglk/app.bsky.feed.post/3mjrgmb4lyda2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreieueabut436lycn2e7567tzzr3zrkattkz645ydl7jykmcqdwctwi"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 126974
},
"path": "/2026/04/18/counter-terror-cops-investigate-third-north-london-arson-attack-a-month-28023646/",
"publishedAt": "2026-04-18T11:58:31.000Z",
"site": "https://metro.co.uk",
"tags": [
"News",
"UK",
"Crime News",
"London",
"Terror",
"Helen Flanagan",
"Wembley",
"Waymo's robotaxis are now driving themselves around London",
"Tourist creates world's first pickpocket map after a trip to London",
"Londoners brace for Tube strikes next week on every Underground route",
"London news hub",
"check our news page",
"Add Metro as a Preferred Source on Google\nAdd as preferred source"
],
"textContent": "Officers were called just after 10.30pm on Friday after a man was spotted approaching a row of shops carrying a plastic bag ‘containing what was later found to be three bottles containing fluid’ (Picture: Getty)\n\n**Counter-terror police are leading an investigation into another arson attack in northwest London.**\n\nWhile the latest incident is not being treated as terrorism, the Met said they are keeping an open mind about the motive ‘due to the similarities’ with recent incidents in the area.\n\nOfficers were called just after 10.30pm on Friday after a man was spotted approaching a row of shops carrying a plastic bag ‘containing what was later found to be three bottles containing fluid’.\n\nHe placed the bag by a building in Hendon before lighting the items inside. When they failed to fully ignite, the man fled the scene.\n\nNo arrests have been made.\n\nCounter Terrorism Policing London is leading the probe supported by the Met’s north-west command area.\n\nCommander Helen Flanagan, of Counter Terrorism Policing London, said: ‘At this stage last night’s arson is not being linked to other incidents in the north-west London area over the last week or last month’s arson in Golders Green, but counter-terrorism officers are leading due to the similarities of each attack.\n\n‘I would ask that anyone with information or footage that could help our investigation gets in touch with police as soon as possible.\n\n‘We will be relentless in our pursuit of those responsible for this and other, similar, hateful acts against London’s communities.’\n\nFour Jewish community ambulances were torched around two miles away in Golders Green in the early hours of March 23.\n\nBurnt out ambulances are pictured at the scene of a suspected antisemitic arson attack in Golders Green (Picture: AFP via Getty)\n\nAnd on Wednesday night, an ‘ignited container’ was thrown into a Persian media organisation’s premises in Wembley in an attempted arson attack.\n\nDetective Chief Superintendent Luke Williams, who leads policing in the area, said: ‘Since the incident in Golders Green last month we have spoken extensively to community leaders.\n\n## Latest London news\n\n * Waymo's robotaxis are now driving themselves around London\n * Tourist creates world's first pickpocket map after a trip to London\n * Londoners brace for Tube strikes next week on every Underground route\n\n\n\n_**To get the latest news from the capital, visit Metro's** London news hub._\n\n‘I understand and appreciate their concerns, and I know this latest incident will add to fears in the community.\n\n‘Local officers are working closely with Counter Terrorism Policing to support the investigation.\n\n‘The community can expect to see a heightened police presence in the area. Since last month’s attack in Golders Green, we have stepped up police patrols and vigilance to reassure communities and disrupt offenders.\n\n‘This includes armed police patrols as well as deployments of officers from Project Servator, who are specially trained to spot anyone who may be planning or preparing to commit criminal acts.’\n\n******Get in touch with our news team by emailing us atwebnews@metro.co.uk.******\n\n**For more stories like this,** check our news page.\n\n\nAdd Metro as a Preferred Source on Google\nAdd as preferred source\n",
"title": "Counter terror cops investigate third north London arson attack in under a month"
}