{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreig6ytvw3snn3oyateacs7ads5pnko37fdbnsxlish3o7vbzmhrwmm",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:b7afdzqsmwksxypciqnplglk/app.bsky.feed.post/3mj7sbmew6mu2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreierin7jsq3jtawb7abvbsrg6zoyab4d2n5fuheo5ngk6ct7hphdxi"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 83865
  },
  "path": "/2026/04/11/two-arrested-murder-filmmaking-student-stabbed-primrose-hill-27935006/",
  "publishedAt": "2026-04-11T10:56:33.000Z",
  "site": "https://metro.co.uk",
  "tags": [
    "News",
    "UK",
    "Crime News",
    "London",
    "Bag thief didn't realise he took £2,000,000 Faberge egg and swapped it for drugs",
    "We find out how children got hold of knives in London - and it's not from the dark web",
    "Warning over 'dodgy' online e-bike batteries after fires surge",
    "London news hub",
    "check our news page",
    "Add Metro as a Preferred Source on Google\nAdd as preferred source"
  ],
  "textContent": "Finbar Sullivan, 21, was stabbed to death when a fight broke out in the north London park last Tuesday (Picture: PA/Met Police)\n\nTwo people have been arrested over the murder of a filmmaking student in Primrose Hill.\n\nFinbar Sullivan, 21, was stabbed to death when a fight broke out in the north London park last Tuesday evening, April 7.\n\nThe park was packed at the time and detectives are still appealing for witnesses – particularly those with any photos or video of the incident – to come forward.\n\nScotland Yard confirmed this morning that two men are being questioned over the stabbing.\n\nOne, a 27-year-old man, is under arrest on suspicion of murder, while the other, a 25-year-old man, is being held on suspicion of assisting an offender.\n\nDetective Inspector Andy Griffin, who is leading the investigation, said: ‘My thoughts remain with Finbar’s family who continue to receive support from specialist officers at this unimaginably difficult time.\n\n‘Although we have made two arrests, my officers continue to work around the clock to trace everyone involved.\n\n‘I’d like to thank the public who have come forward with information so far. If you are yet to speak to us, or share footage from Tuesday relating to this incident, please do not hesitate to get in touch.\n\n‘Anything you submit could have a huge impact on our investigation.\n\n‘In the meantime, residents can expect to see an increased police presence as dedicated local officers continue patrols in Primrose Hill and the surrounding areas.’\n\nFinbar Sullivan, aged 21, was fatally stabbed on Tuesday, April 7 (Picture: Met Police)\n\nChristopher Sullivan told the Daily Mail his son wanted to become a cameraman like his grandfather Michael Seresin – who worked on Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban and Rambo III – and had gone to the park to use a new camera he had got for his birthday.\n\n‘This is the worst tragedy I could ever imagine,’ the 65-year-old told the newspaper on Thursday.\n\n##  Latest London news\n\n  * Bag thief didn't realise he took £2,000,000 Faberge egg and swapped it for drugs\n  * We find out how children got hold of knives in London - and it's not from the dark web\n  * Warning over 'dodgy' online e-bike batteries after fires surge\n\n\n\n_**To get the latest news from the capital, visit Metro's**  London news hub._\n\n‘He’s my only son… I had him when I was 45. He can never be replaced.\n\n‘He’d just bought a new camera, we all chipped in for his 21st birthday, and he took it up there to do a bit of filming.’\n\nMr Sullivan, a musician and founder of 1980s band Blue Rondo a la Turk, added: ‘I’m so broken-hearted, I can’t believe it.\n\n‘He was the most beautiful, lovely, outgoing, loving boy. He was just a really lovely person.\n\n‘And why he was targeted, we have no idea.’\n\nA police forensic tent at the scene at Primrose Hill (Picture: Aaron Chown/PA)\n\nMr Sullivan said he rushed to Primrose Hill as soon as he was informed of the incident – of which police said on Wednesday video footage was circulating online.\n\n‘I got the call at about six that he’d been stabbed, so I rushed up there,’ Mr Sullivan said.\n\n‘I wasn’t allowed in because it was a crime scene, and by that point he’d had 20 minutes of CPR. He’d obviously died.\n\n‘It’s Primrose Hill, for God’s sake… it’s like Hyde Park. It’s not somewhere you expect this.’\n\nFinbar Sullivan was a student at the London Screen Academy and produced music videos for drill rap artists under the name Sully Shot It, the Mail reported.\n\nDespite the drill rap scene’s association with gang violence, Mr Sullivan denied his son was involved in any of it.\n\n‘All I can tell you is he was the subject of an indiscriminate stabbing. He was not a gang member,’ Mr Sullivan said.\n\n‘He was just a little groovy 21-year-old who loved movies and making films. He didn’t drink, he didn’t smoke, he didn’t go out.\n\n‘He’d stay at home editing his films six nights a week. He wanted to follow in his (grandfather’s footsteps) and be a cameraman.\n\n‘He recently did a video for Joseph Corre, Vivienne Westwood’s son.\n\n‘We were just about to start a company together… he was going to do his showreel today with me. And now he’s dead.’\n\nThe Metropolitan Police have urged ‘anyone who has any information, including photos or videos’ to get in touch.\n\n******Get in touch with our news team by emailing us atwebnews@metro.co.uk.******\n\n**For more stories like this,** check our news page.\n\n\nAdd Metro as a Preferred Source on Google\nAdd as preferred source\n",
  "title": "Two arrested over murder of filmmaking student stabbed on Primrose Hill"
}