{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreiaj3solsba3zrcfxwpwwjattrgysv3zuo3k4mkvgbl7k3fd5hip6i",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:b7afdzqsmwksxypciqnplglk/app.bsky.feed.post/3misrq772tki2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreibyzgoxba4avo422ieqo5aigqm4zl6ycuynbrkxh2rb5pbujmvrh4"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 114906
  },
  "path": "/2026/04/06/iran-threatens-much-devastating-attacks-trumps-f-bomb-online-rant-27870141/",
  "publishedAt": "2026-04-06T06:53:29.000Z",
  "site": "https://metro.co.uk",
  "tags": [
    "News",
    "US",
    "Donald Trump",
    "Iran",
    "Iran war",
    "supports HTML5\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tvideo",
    "Israel",
    "Tehran",
    "an extraordinary social media post",
    "Easter",
    "Axios",
    "crime",
    "plants",
    "blocking of the Hormuz Strait",
    "check our news page",
    "Add Metro as a Preferred Source on Google\nAdd as preferred source"
  ],
  "textContent": "To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tvideo\n\nUp Next\n\nPrevious Page\n\nNext Page\n\nIran has shown no sign of backing down from an escalating conflict with the US and Israel, as the minutes tick down to a deadline set by Donald Trump.\n\nJust after 3pm on Saturday, the US president gave Tehran 48 hours to ‘make a deal or open up the Hormuz Strait’ – otherwise, ‘all Hell will reign down on them’.\n\nHe doubled down on the threats in an extraordinary social media post on Easter Sunday which also appeared to push the deadline back a day.\n\nTrump wrote: ‘Tuesday will be Power Plant Day, and Bridge Day, all wrapped up in one, in Iran. There will be nothing like it!!!\n\n‘Open the F***in’ Strait, you crazy b******s, or you’ll be living in Hell – JUST WATCH! Praise be to Allah.’\n\nIn a follow-up post several hours later, he wrote: ‘Tuesday, 8:00P.M. Eastern Time!’\n\nBut today, the Iranians ramped up their own rhetoric in the face of the threats, saying their response to such attacks would be ‘much more devastating and widespread’ retaliation.\n\nA statement from a spokesman for the Khatam al-Anbiya Central HQ, the top Iranian military command unit, said: ‘If attacks on civilian targets are repeated, the next stages of our offensive and retaliatory operations will be much more devastating and widespread.’\n\nRescue teams searching for people in rubble after an Iranian strike on Haifa, Israel, this morning (Picture: AP Photo/Ariel Schalit)\n\nThe president has told Axios he believes there is a ‘good chance’ of a deal being reached with Iran by tomorrow, with the US news site reporting a 45-day ceasefire may be on the table.\n\nBut he reiterated that he would be ‘blowing up everything over there’ if it does not happen.\n\nLegal experts have said deliberately targeting civilian infrastructure, as Trump threatened to do in his post, is a potential war crime.\n\nThe US military destroyed Iran’s highest bridge last Thursday, with an Iranian official saying at least 13 civilians were killed and 95 injured in the attack.\n\nTrump has also previously threatened to take out the country’s power plants, ‘starting with the biggest one first’ – a move that would make it difficult to quickly rebuild the country if the regime was to crumble.\n\nTrump publicly lost his temper yesterday on his Truth Social platform (Picture: Alex Brandon-Pool/Getty Images)\n\nHis post on Truth Social yesterday suggested the president is growing increasingly frustrated over the damage to the global economy by Iran’s blocking of the Hormuz Strait.\n\nThe waterway is vital for international energy, but few tankers have been able to pass through since the beginning of March.\n\nIran’s Fars news agency, which has an affiliation with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) said 15 ships were allowed to pass through safely in the past 24 hours.\n\nForeign Minister Abbas Araghchi has said the Strait is only closed to ‘enemy countries’ and vessels belonging to allies would be permitted.\n\n******Get in touch with our news team by emailing us atwebnews@metro.co.uk.******\n\n**For more stories like this,** check our news page.\n\nComment now Comments \nAdd Metro as a Preferred Source on Google\nAdd as preferred source\n",
  "title": "Iran threatens ‘much more devastating’ attacks after Trump’s F-bomb online rant"
}