{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreifeikr252wwyuneviyrdr4ly62xr5zdkxez7fqpruffbufqalmu74",
"uri": "at://did:plc:b7afdzqsmwksxypciqnplglk/app.bsky.feed.post/3mhbad3hmzsh2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreic2aa37vdfygzxgrwiz2zjga57uwahnxrajzhpyb3frpdxbma6hf4"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 81509
},
"path": "/2026/03/17/asylum-seekers-laughed-filming-raping-woman-brighton-beach-27489354/",
"publishedAt": "2026-03-17T14:32:52.000Z",
"site": "https://metro.co.uk",
"tags": [
"News",
"UK",
"Crime News",
"Immigration",
"Brighton",
"phone",
"News Updates",
"Breaking News",
"West Sussex",
"Cheshire",
"**check our news page**",
"Add Metro as a Preferred Source on Google Add as preferred source"
],
"textContent": "The woman had become separated from her friends when she was allegedly attacked (Pictures: Eddie Mitchell)\n\n**Two asylum seekers repeatedly raped a woman onBrighton beach while a third filmed the ‘predatory and callous’ attack, a court has heard.**\n\nKarin Al-Danasurt, 20, Ibrahim Alshafe, 25, and Abdulla Ahmadi, 26, allegedly targeted the woman in the early hours of October 4 last year, after she became separated from her friends while on a night out.\n\nAfter spotting her staggering in the street, barely able to stand, the trio took her behind a beach shack and attacked her several times, Hove Crown Court heard.\n\nThe woman later told police she recalled being spat on, kicked, and her throat being grabbed during the attack, as well as men laughing, jurors were told.\n\nAl-Danasurt is accused of filming the alleged attack, later sending recordings to Ahmadi’s phone.\n\n## Sign up for all of the latest stories\n\nStart your day informed with Metro's **News Updates** newsletter or get **Breaking News **alerts the moment it happens.\n\nAll three men knew each other and lived at the same Home Office-approved asylum seeker accommodation at the Cisswood House Hotel in Horsham, West Sussex, jurors were told.\n\nEgyptian Alshafe and Iranian Ahmadi both entered the UK via small boat on June 19, 2025, three months before the alleged rapes, the court heard.\n\nAl-Danasurt, also an Egyptian national, entered the country on October 11, 2024.\n\nProsecutor Hanna Llewellyn-Waters told jurors the complainant was intoxicated at the time and ‘to all intents and purposes, incapacitated’.\n\n‘Frankly, to these defendants, the complainant was meat,’ she said.\n\n‘She was repeatedly abused for their sexual gratification and entertainment.\n\n‘They wanted sex and that could be achieved by being with someone who was in no state to resist them.’\n\nIbrahim Alshafe, 25, is said to have targeted the woman with two other asylum seekers (Picture: Eddie Mitchell)\n\nThe complainant was ‘staggering in the street’ alone when she was approached by the three men, the court heard.\n\n‘Instead of offering her help or even just leaving her be, these defendants targeted her,’ Ms Llewellyn-Waters said.\n\n‘That targeting was not founded in good will or bonhomie, in high spirits – it was cynical, predatory and callous.\n\n‘Al-Danasurt himself in his police interview recognised that she was unable to even stand without support,’ the prosecutor added.\n\nAlshafe and Ahmadi took the complainant to a location behind a beach shack which obscured the view on to the beach and raped the woman ‘repeatedly’, jurors were told.\n\n‘Mr Al-Danasurt went on to that beach moments after his friends took the complainant to the location,’ Ms Llewellyn-Waters said.\n\nAlthough the complainant could not be definitive as to whether she was also raped by Al-Danasurt, the prosecution alleges Al-Danasurt was present and ‘fully aware of what was happening’.\n\nAl-Danasurt is accused of filming the alleged attack, later sending recordings to Ahmadi’s phone (Picture: Eddie Mitchell)\n\n‘His presence and actions served to encourage the commission of those rapes by his co-defendants,’ Ms Llewellyn-Waters told jurors.\n\n‘Again, footage retrieved from his telephone shows that he filmed the complainant being raped by Alshafe and Ahmadi.’\n\nJurors were told they would be shown the footage during the course of the trial.\n\nAfter the alleged attack, the complainant ‘crawled off the beach’ and was captured on CCTV coming up the ramp to the esplanade alongside Alshafe, the prosecutor added.\n\n‘Google translate entered into his telephone within a couple of minutes of them coming into shot details him telling her to “unlock it”, presumably her phone, and, far from wanting to give him her number, she told him to “f*** off”,’ Ms Llewellyn-Waters told jurors.\n\nAhmadi, from Crewe in Cheshire, and Alshafe, who lives in Horsham, have each denied two counts of raping the woman.\n\nAl-Danasurt, also from Horsham, is jointly charged on all four counts of rape as a secondary party ‘encouraging the rape by his actions at the scene, including filming it’, and has pleaded not guilty to all four.\n\nHe denies a fifth count of ‘sharing intimate films’ without the complainant’s consent.\n\nThe trial continues.\n\n******Get in touch with our news team by emailing us atwebnews@metro.co.uk.******\n\n**For more stories like this,****check our news page**.\n\n Add Metro as a Preferred Source on Google Add as preferred source ",
"title": "Asylum seekers ‘laughed while filming themselves raping woman on Brighton beach’"
}