{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreih3aqiwxjkcn3yo6iswuscqewwrcqpcwd3xg3i5rlkzf3hgsockeq",
"uri": "at://did:plc:b7afdzqsmwksxypciqnplglk/app.bsky.feed.post/3mgevwka2r6r2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreicrjvhivp27devbvnl7rwode7dgueagbcovbrq22nzdwhoak5zrfq"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 68985
},
"path": "/2026/03/06/us-sinks-warship-trump-warns-iran-surrender-face-guaranteed-death-27255668/",
"publishedAt": "2026-03-06T07:47:17.000Z",
"site": "https://metro.co.uk",
"tags": [
"News",
"World",
"Donald Trump",
"Iran",
"Iran war",
"supports HTML5 video",
"US",
"World War Two",
"ran",
"Middle East",
"the White House",
"Abu Dhabi",
"Qatar",
"**check our news page**",
"Add Metro as a Preferred Source on Google Add as preferred source"
],
"textContent": "To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video\n\nUp Next\n\nPrevious Page\n\nNext Page\n\nThe US has exploded another Iranian warship as it tries to sink ‘the entire Iranian navy’.\n\nFootage shows the moment the ship which was ‘roughly the size of a WWII aircraft carrier’ went up in smoke with debris falling into the water.\n\nUS Central Command said in a post on X: ‘US forces aren’t holding back on the mission to sink the entire Iranian Navy.’\n\nOn Wednesday they sank the Iranian IRIS Dena off the coast of Sri Lanka in a torpedo attack.\n\nIt marked the first US submarine sinking of an enemy ship since World War Two.\n\nTo view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video\n\nUp Next\n\nPrevious Page\n\nNext Page\n\nUS Central Command said in a post on X: ‘US forces aren’t holding back on the mission to sink the entire Iranian Navy.’ (Picture: US Central Command)\n\nThe US military said earlier it had already destroyed 17 Iranian vessels and that its goal was sinking ‘the entire navy’.\n\nUS President Donald Trump warned Iran to surrender or face ‘guaranteed death’ after Iran launched its ‘most intense barrage of strikes yet’ across the Middle East.\n\nSpeaking at the White House, he said: ‘I’m once again calling on all members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, the military and the police to lay down their arms.\n\n‘You’ll be perfectly safe with total immunity or you’ll face absolutely guaranteed death, and I don’t want to see that.’\n\nTo view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video\n\nUp Next\n\nPrevious Page\n\nNext Page\n\nSatellite view shows the Ali Al Salem Base, after Iranian strikes, near Al Jahra, Kuwait (Pucture : via REUTERS)\n\nSmoke was seen above the world-famous Yas Marina in Abu Dhabi, while Qatar said it has intercepted a number of incoming missiles.\n\nTwo drones also struck an airport and a school in Azerbaijan yesterday, although Iran denies firing these.\n\nUS Secretary of War Pete Hesgeth said: ‘We have only just begun to fight and fight decisively. If you think you’ve seen something, just wait\n\n‘Iran is hoping that we cannot sustain this, which is a really bad miscalculation. Our munitions are full up and our will is ironclad.’\n\n******Get in touch with our news team by emailing us atwebnews@metro.co.uk.******\n\n**For more stories like this,****check our news page**.\n\nComment now Comments Add Metro as a Preferred Source on Google Add as preferred source ",
"title": "US sinks warship as Trump warns Iran: ‘Surrender or face guaranteed death’"
}