{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreiau5ulpngpnhatijni2k2jg3snm735nw2mzt3didvesrauif73thm",
"uri": "at://did:plc:b7afdzqsmwksxypciqnplglk/app.bsky.feed.post/3memv6djbuhf2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreigwcrrwuumaxs7aaghfilatmkfefgqsnyvqrmnwqh3x27emv4vl6e"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 51013
},
"path": "/2026/02/11/thomas-frank-backed-new-premier-league-job-tottenham-sacking-26834139/",
"publishedAt": "2026-02-11T23:55:04.000Z",
"site": "https://metro.co.uk",
"tags": [
"Football",
"Sport",
"Brentford FC",
"Crystal Palace FC",
"Oliver Glasner",
"Premier League",
"Thomas Frank",
"Tim Sherwood",
"Tottenham Hotspur",
"Tottenham",
"finally came to an end on Wednesday morning",
"Newcastle",
"Europa League",
"Brentford",
"said in a statement",
"Sign up here",
"supports HTML5 video",
"Sky Sports",
"https://www.instagram.com/p/DUnTV4pjxcT/?hl=en",
"supports HTML5 video",
"announced last month he was leaving the club at the end of the season",
"led Palace to FA Cup glory last season",
"Eberechi Eze scoring a hat-trick",
"check our sport page",
"Facebook",
"Twitter",
"Instagram",
"Add Metro as a Preferred Source on Google Add as preferred source"
],
"textContent": "Thomas Frank was sacked by Tottenham on Wednesday (Picture: Getty)\n\nThomas Frank has been tipped to join another Premier League club after his sacking at Tottenham.\n\nFrank’s dismal spell as Spurs manager finally came to an end on Wednesday morning after another defeat to Newcastle the previous night.\n\nThe 2-1 loss left Europa League holders Tottenham 16th in the Premier League, just five points above the relegation zone.\n\nFrank build up an impressive reputation during his time in charge of Brentford but failed miserably at Spurs, lasting just eight months in the job.\n\nTottenham went eight Premier League games without a win at the end of Frank’s reign – the club’s longest run without a victory since 2008.\n\nAnnouncing Frank’s sacking, Spurs said in a statement: ‘The club has taken the decision to make a change in the men’s head coach position and Thomas Frank will leave today.\n\n‘Thomas was appointed in June 2025, and we have been determined to give him the time and support needed to build for the future together.\n\n## Get your football fix\n\nDon't want to miss the week's biggest football stories? **Metro's** exclusive football newsletter, In The Mixer, is your essential guide.\n\nFrom the latest transfer rumours and managerial moves to analysis of the biggest games and a lot more, our experts have you covered.\n\nSign up here, it's an open goal.\n\nFrank after Tottenham’s defeat to Newcastle (Picture: Getty)\n\n‘However, results and performances have led the Board to conclude that a change at this point in the season is necessary.\n\n‘Throughout his time at the club, Thomas has conducted himself with unwavering commitment, giving everything in his efforts to move the club forward.\n\n‘We would like to thank him for his contribution and wish him every success in the future.’\n\nTo view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video\n\nUp Next\n\nPrevious Page\n\nNext Page\n\nEx-Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood said he ‘felt sorry’ for Frank following his sacking but insisted it felt like an ‘inevitable’ outcome for the 52-year-old Dane.\n\nSherwood does not expect Frank’s dismal spell at Spurs to harm his long-term prospects, however, and even believes he could be in charge of another Premier League club sooner rather than later.\n\n‘I think if you’ve seen Thomas Frank’s style of play down the years you would have known that it was very unlikely he was going to change his style,’ Sherwood said on Sky Sports. ‘It was successful for him at Brentford.\n\n> https://www.instagram.com/p/DUnTV4pjxcT/?hl=en\n\n‘I think the nature of the job at Tottenham, comparing it to Brentford, it’s a completely different animal. The expectation at Tottenham, you can’t just win a game, lose one, draw a couple… it’s not acceptable, especially when you’re at home.\n\n‘The fans want to be entertained and they want to be successful and he didn’t give any of that.\n\n‘I feel sorry for him, you always feel sorry for any manager who loses his job, but I just felt it was inevitable in the end.\n\n‘They now find themselves in a really tricky position, this balancing act between now and the summer when there is going to a whole host of managers who would like to take the Tottenham job.’\n\nCrystal Palace are searching for Oliver Glasner’s replacement (Picture: Getty)\n\nAsked about Frank’s future managerial prospects, Sherwood added: ‘I’m sure Thomas will go on and manage elsewhere.\n\n‘I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw him at Crystal Palace. I think that’s a fantastic fit for him.\n\n‘But Tottenham Hotspur, I know it’s in hindsight, but I said it when he did come in: I’m not sure about this appointment because you’re asking a man, knowing clearly how he plays, is that what the Tottenham fans want to see?\n\n‘The answer for me, I know the game and I’ve been in it for a long time, would have been no. And that’s the way it panned out.’\n\nTo view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video\n\nUp Next\n\nPrevious Page\n\nNext Page\n\nCrystal Palace are searching for a new manager after Oliver Glasner announced last month he was leaving the club at the end of the season.\n\nGlasner led Palace to FA Cup glory last season but the Eagles have struggled this term, winning just eight of their 26 league games to slip to 13th, eight points above the drop zone.\n\nTottenham are faring even worse, of course, and Sherwood insists his former club are ‘in a relegation battle’.\n\n‘Let’s face it, they’re in a relegation battle,’ he said. ‘They’re playing the north London derby next and, last night, West Ham were nearly three points away from Tottenham in the league and they look like they’ve got real fight in that group.\n\n‘Tottenham fans are looking down rather than up which is not a very positive sign. They are 100 per cent in a relegation battle and it’s not necessarily for the interim manager to go in and to worry about performances too much.\n\n‘He’s just got to concentrate on results, it’s all about the results now and just digging them out.’\n\nTottenham’s next game is a north London derby against Premier League leaders Arsenal on February 22. The Gunners won the corresponding fixture 4-1 with Eberechi Eze scoring a hat-trick.\n\n**For more stories like this,check our sport page**.\n\n**Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on**Facebook, **Twitter and Instagram**.\n\nComment now Comments Add Metro as a Preferred Source on Google Add as preferred source ",
"title": "Thomas Frank backed for new Premier League job after Tottenham sacking"
}