{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreih3cmjiratzcnzrtcdodbqszrejd6ze72uiiaoxj24v63s4eid64y",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:b7afdzqsmwksxypciqnplglk/app.bsky.feed.post/3meg6crahqwr2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreiagan2cwd42fwnray25hh3kokkrk5koz6finqpramrzidlysaqt7u"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 65740
  },
  "path": "/2026/02/09/andrew-windsor-shared-sensitive-uk-trade-secrets-jeffrey-epstein-26791491/",
  "publishedAt": "2026-02-09T07:52:50.000Z",
  "site": "https://metro.co.uk",
  "tags": [
    "News",
    "UK",
    "Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor",
    "Jeffrey Epstein",
    "Hong Kong",
    "Vietnam",
    "News Updates",
    "Breaking News",
    "New York",
    "Christmas",
    "Afghanistan",
    "government",
    "BBC",
    "York",
    "crouching over an unidentified woman",
    "Florida",
    "Virginia Giuffre",
    "BBC News",
    "Buckingham Palace",
    "Andrew of assaulting her on three occasions",
    "Marsh Farm manor is ready in April",
    "**check our news page**",
    "Add Metro as a Preferred Source on Google Add as preferred source"
  ],
  "textContent": "Andrew has been hit by further revelations in the Epstein files (Picture: AP)\n\nAndrew appears to have shared confidential reports with Jeffrey Epstein in his role as the UK’s trade envoy, newly released emails reveal.\n\nEmails from the Epstein files show the ex-prince sharing confidential details of investment opportunities and reports of trade visits.\n\nThe former Duke, who served as trade envoy between 2001 and 2011, appeared to send the paedophile financier details of his upcoming trips to Singapore, Hong Kong and Vietnam on October 7 2010.\n\nAfter the visits, on November 30, he then appeared to forward official reports of those trips, sent by his then-special assistant Amit Patel, to Epstein.\n\nThe trade reports Andrew appeared to share with Epstein (Picture: US Department of Justice)\n\n##  Sign up for all of the latest stories\n\nStart your day informed with Metro's **News Updates** newsletter or get **Breaking News **alerts the moment it happens.\n\nAs a trade envoy, Andrew was meant to be bound by a duty of confidentiality over sensitive, commercial, or political information from these official visits.\n\nThe ex-prince previously told Newsnight in 2019 he had cut off contact with Epstein during a visit to New York in December 2010.\n\nHowever on Christmas Eve that year, he emailed the convicted sex offender a confidential briefing on investment opportunities in the reconstruction of Helmand Province, Afghanistan, which was being funded by UK government money.\n\nLess than two months later, Andrew suggests Epstein might invest in a private equity firm he visited a week before, telling the paedophile he ‘thought of you’.\n\nSir Vince Cable, who was business secretary at the time, told the BBC: ‘I was unaware of Andrew… sharing information about investment opportunities [in Afghanistan] before, this is the first I’ve heard of it.’\n\nAndrew’s reputation has collapsed over revelations about his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein, with the latest batch of documents released by the Department for Justice fueling criticism of the ex-prince.\n\nBritain’s Prince Andrew kneels over a female in this image released by the Department of Justice (Picture: via REUTERS)\n\nThe former Duke of York has always denied any accusations of wrongdoing.\n\nImages appear to show him crouching over an unidentified woman in what appears to be Epstein’s New York mansion.\n\nA letter released in the latest Jeffrey Epstein files also claimed that Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor asked an exotic dancer for a threesome.\n\nThe former prince and Epstein reportedly asked the woman to ‘engage in various sex acts’ at the paedophile’s Florida home.\n\nAndrew has also been linked to a fresh police investigation into reports that Epstein allegedly sent a second woman to have a sexual encounter with the former prince at the Royal Lodge.\n\nThe alleged incident happened at the royal estate in 2010, when the woman, who is not British, was in her 20s.\n\nBrad Edwards, who also represented Andrew’s accuser, Virginia Giuffre, before her death last year, told BBC News the woman was given a tour of Buckingham Palace afterwards.\n\nGiuffre was one of the most prominent sex trafficking victims of Epstein.\n\nAndrew’s friendship with Epstein has long been a source of controversy (Picture: Davidoff Studios/Getty Images)\n\nShe accused Andrew of assaulting her on three occasions when she was 17 and she sued the former prince in 2021. Andrew has repeatedly denied her claims, but he agreed to pay her an undisclosed sum as an out-of-court settlement.\n\nGiuffre was found dead in her Australian home on April 25, 2025.\n\nThe former prince moved out of Windsor’s Royal Lodge at the beginning of February.\n\nBut accusations have followed Andrew into the Wood Farm cottage in Sandringham, where he will stay before the Marsh Farm manor is ready in April.\n\n******Get in touch with our news team by emailing us atwebnews@metro.co.uk.******\n\n**For more stories like this,****check our news page**.\n\nComment now Comments  Add Metro as a Preferred Source on Google Add as preferred source ",
  "title": "Andrew Windsor ‘shared sensitive UK trade secrets with Jeffrey Epstein’"
}